Monday, May 13, 2013

Lighting In Layers on Lynda.com

I am happy to announce that Strobist's video series, Lighting in Layers, has by special arrangement been adapted for the video tutorial site Lynda.com. Those of you who are Lynda subscribers can now view the videos there. (This includes Lynda's many corporate subs, so check with your company.)

Last week saw the launch of the first segments, which are primarily aimed at beginners. Additional sessions will be released each week.

So even if you are not a newb, stick around. It'll get more complex soon enough…

-30-


__________

Brand new to Strobist, or lighting? Start here.
Or, jump right into our free Lighting 101 course.
Connect: Discussion Threads | Reader Photos | Twitter

7 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

That is friggin awesome!! Thanks for making that happen.

May 13, 2013 1:12 PM  
Blogger Garrett Brady said...

Honestly I've searched that site so many times hoping to find you there!

Great work man. I really hope this goes out of the park!(Sorry I'm Irish so not to sure if thats how you say it!)

Garrett.

May 13, 2013 4:34 PM  
Blogger Rumi said...

I nearly shat myself with joy when I saw your videos show up on Lynda. I don't want to advertise or brown nose, but your two courses on lighting made the overall Lynda membership that much more rewarding. Please consider working with them more!

May 13, 2013 9:41 PM  
Blogger Funny Atheist said...

I watched and enjoyed the first two courses on lynda.com. I seem to learn easier in that format. Actually watching you work and solve problems on the fly is more enlightening. Pun intended.

May 14, 2013 11:53 AM  
Blogger RexGRP said...

I'll check it out!

May 15, 2013 9:33 AM  
Blogger Luiz Gustavo said...

David, I've been watching your videos at lynda.com and I noticed that you use a sb-800 on camera to trigger the other flashs on the scene. Why don't you use it as a master and the rest as slaves (when only using sb-800, of course)? Doing so you would be able to control their powers without the need to walk to the stand, pulling it down, fix the power and put it back in place. Is there any technical reason not to use it? Thanks.

May 27, 2013 6:25 PM  
Blogger David Hobby said...

@Luiz-

Yes, I am very familiar with the functions in CLS. But using it in a "dumb" slave mode is much, much more reliable and with greater range. I only have to set off one light before they (since all are slaved) will chain react.

-D

May 27, 2013 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home